When we reach out to others, across the street or around the world, we are doing missions. It is how we follow Jesus, when he said,
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- Local Missions
- We reach out in our own city through tutoring at Fremont and Beatty Elementary schools, supporting the work of King's Hall Transitional Shelter, and our GUMBO ministry to the homeless.
- Nicaragua Missions Team
- We have sent groups to Bluefields, Kukra Hill and Rama, Nicaragua to aid and encourage Vital and Ketly Pierre and our sister church Bethel Baptist Church since 2003. The groups have worked alongside fellow Christians in construction, teacher training, childrens' festivals, and youth events. This last July a team of nine people traveled to Nicaragua for a ten day mission trip. We sent two team members to Bluefields to switch the swimming pool from a chemical to a salt water pool, saving the church hundreds of dollars each year in chemical costs. We sent two team members to Kukra Hill to complete three tile projects: a decorative wall on the exterior of the rest rooms which was designed by the students and started during the previous trip; a commercial tile design, depicting the logo of the school which was purchased by an anonymous donor; and a mosaic representation of the same school logo. We sent five team members to Rama, to work construction on the newest school/church plant. Click here to see pictures and videos from past trips.
- Youth Missions Trip
- The last 3 years youth and young adults from our church have done a week long mission trip, partnering with Nueva Vida Church through Azusa Pacific University's Mexico Outreach program. This partnership is more than one week per year though. We encourage each other through Facebook and have helped them throughout the year too. Since we do not only go to do something for them but we partner with them, God has formed some pretty amazing relationships through our time and moved in many incredible ways! God has given us the opportunity to lead Vacation Bible School programs for their neighborhood children, clean up a community park and repair it's playground, celebrate birthdays together, participate in a prison ministry, remodel and insulate the pastor and his family's home, build friendships between the two youth groups, lead worship services, see doors opened for us minister to the Ensenada police, and help with medical needs. We love our friends in Ensenada, who really have become extended family to us!
- Kodiak Alaska Missions Team
- This summer was yet another amazing opportunity to return to Kodiak Island to serve among others who desire to serve our Lord. There were many ways in which our team assisted the staff and children at Kodiak Baptist Mission (KBM), including teaching in the preschool, working in the food bank, painting, cleaning, and helping in various maintenance and construction projects. We encourage you to check out the many different ministry opportunities at KBM by visiting their website at kodiakbaptistmission.org.
Gleanings for the Hungry
Doing short term missions at Gleanings for the Hungry is both exciting and rewarding. Those going to Gleanings find a variety of ways to minister for Christ and to fulfill His command to care for the needy. One way is by helping prepare food to be shipped to peoples around the world. What many of us who’ve gone especially appreciate is the fact that ministry opportunity is available for all age groups-- from elementary school-age children to senior adults. In fact, several seniors from FBR have gone to Gleanings.
Vital and Ketly Pierre
|Darryl and Donna Nuss
||San Diego, California - Russia, India, Nepal
||National Network for Youth Ministries|
||Chiang Mai, Thailand
|Glen and Rita Chapman
||Kikongo, Democratic Republi of the Congo
|Jim and Louie Welchel
||Manila, the Philippines
International Graduate School of Leadership
||New Britain, Papua New Guinea
||New Tribes Missions (retired)|
|Mitch and Terri Wiley
|Intervarsity Christian Fellowship, UCR
||Intervarsity Christian Fellowship|